Saturday, October 22, 2005

OH MAN!!!!!

We are currently in Stone town (Zanzibar town). Very beautiful, lots of things to see and do. We went on a spice tour yesterday and then spent an hour on a white sands beach. I waded quite contentedly in the azure, wonderfully warm Indian ocean. We leave tomorrow for Kendwa, a beautiful beach resort on the north west part of Zanzibar. We plan to spend a few days there before we return to stone town and Dar, before we fly out to Amsterdam next Sunday. (Already!!)

Now for the bad news... my camera was stolen in Dar es Salaam the day we came to Zanzibar. My fault, as I left it unattended briefly, but when I turned around it was gone, and all my pictures too! Let me tell you, I am still very upset about it, but there is nothing I can do about it. Fortunately I can pictures off my friends and family who are here to, but some of the pictures I had taken were very personal and no one else will have the same one.

Oh well, life goes on and so does the holiday.

~ciao~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh j, I can't believe how much that sucks to get your camera stolen!

ENjoy the rest of your vacation and travel home safely!

~iva

Violette said...

Oh man! That totally, totally sucks. But, like you said, there's nothing you can do about it. So forget it and enjoy the rest of your vacation. I'll see you when you get back!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness, they can't steal your memories, although that's one memory you would like to forget!

librarychik said...

Thanks everyone, it does really suck, I came very close to major tear storm.

The spice tour was a tour of a farm that grows the herbs, fruit and spices that Zanzibar is famous for. We got see the plants and trees that produce cloves, cardamom, vanilla, papaya, cinnamon and much, much more. Also bought some spices and took back many samples too. The aroma was magnificent.

Well... believe it or not I have dinner date so gotta run... :-)

me

Anonymous said...

Dinner date? I'm intrigued! It sounds like you're having the time of your life, even with the nastiness of camera theft. Have fun for the rest of you dream vacation, and remember that pre-photography people had just as much fun without recording everything! Maybe you'll feel just a little bit freer sans camera?

~sonya