Monday, October 17, 2005

Lushoto and onward

I realize I have not yet blogged about safari, my plan was to spend a lazy day today in Lushoto and blog and send emails, and sort and pack, for tomorrow we leave for Dar es Salaam and then the day after that for Zanzibar. However, we have had a water shortage all day yesterday and today the power was down from 9 am to 5 pm. So here I am with very little time and lots to say.

I will just very quickly say that Lushoto is very beautiful, green and lush, located in the western usambara mountains. We had a day hike and walked through rain forests and had a wonderful lunch at a local farm.

I have high hopes for our bus trip tomorrow to Dar. That is, I hope it is less crowded, dusty, and perhaps there will even be a stop where we can get out and use a bathroom, but just in case I will not be drinking anything until we get there.

Hopefully I will find internet in Zanzibar, until then... you all take care.

badaaye (later)

4 comments:

librarychik said...

Thanks JB, if not sooner than later it will be :)

1 minute left, gotta fly...

Anonymous said...

Hope this comment comes through OK. Miss you all and can't wait to hear all about your adventures when you get home!

librarychik said...

Thanks Nancy, looking forward to getting back (kind of) and sharing a bottle of red....

hugs J

Anonymous said...

Hey J
finally looked at your blog. very interesting. where is the rest of the holiday, are you writing it still? A