Sunday, November 06, 2005

Home again!

Well folks, I am back home, in Canada and it is cold here. I haven't seen the sun since I arrived. It has been gray, cloudy and I expect it will snow any time now. It is okay though, because I am really fighting the jet lag and would not be up to going out much anyway. My sleep pattern is really messed up. I am trying to stay up later and not nap, but I am still awake and out of bed at 4 a.m. Crazyness!!

So, the next thing I have to do is look for a job. The funny thing is, I have been away from the " library world " for almost two months now and I feel like I know absolutely nothing. My brain is a blank slate and if I had to interview anytime soon I would be shaking in my boots. I did spend some time very early this morning looking for a job and there is not much available around here, which is kind of what I expected. However, I did find a very cool job with the United Nations in Addis Ababa.

Hmmm... Africa... what a novel idea!

Sawa, sawa...

Next installment ... the first leg of the journey... Kilimanjaro!


3 comments:

Michelle said...

oo, welcome back! i can't wait to see some pictures!

i have some questions for you sometime when you're settled back in (but i'll warn ya, it's regarding probably an unpleasant time in your life also known as pd day planning)

LilyMab said...

Glad you're back - hoping to get to Edmonton eventually to visit!

*hugs*

librarychik said...

Hey folks... Michelle, anytime... just send me an email. I will be on campus sometime this week for sure.

Ash...I really look forward to a vist... would love to meet baby!!!

JB... trying to catch up on your blog and poetry... so much to read... so little time :-)

ciao