Monday, September 19, 2005

I'm leaving....

on a jet plane...(very early tomorrow morning)

However I do know when I'll be back again, early November!

But I have yet to pack my bags. I have a feeling that I will have to take a lot less in the way of clothing than I would like, but as I was mentioning to JB earlier, I have to take clothes for two seasons. Winter stuff because it is so cold at the summit and then of course it is going to be HOT for the rest of the trip. So... I have spent my money wisely and managed to find many really good quality items at thrift stores at bargain prices. For example I have a pair of convertible pants (zip offs) for $4.99 and I also have a practically new Columbia short sleeve blouse (wicking) which cost an incredible $3.99. Most of the clothing I am taking was purchased in this manner and as such I will have no trouble leaving them behind (especially the winter weight stuff).

I have decided that I am not going to try to post pictures from Africa, (sorry). Carrying around one more thing is just one more worry. However I will try to post what I see, feel, taste and smell. (within reason of course).

Abbreviated Itinerary:

September 21-October 3:
Moshi-Climb Kili-Moshi

October 4-11:
Arusha: 7day Safari (Northern Tanzania)

October 12 - onwards:
-perhaps Usambara mountains, Lushoto, Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam... wherever the wind takes us?

Take care, many thanks to everyone for your good wishes!

See you in November

1 comment:

Merrill said...

You are going to see, hear and smell brand new things. Enjoy it all and HAVE FUN! I already miss you.