Monday, August 29, 2005

Finally

I know I have been somewhat absent recently. The truth is that I spend so much time on the computer during the week that I do not go near it on the weekends generally. This last weekend I went out to Elk Island Park again, this time for a 13km hike. We did it in just over 3 hours, not that it was a race but it was really hot and muggy and I think we just wanted to get cool again. Along the way we spooked a small herd of very large Bison. It was rather unnerving as we had to walk by them in a very open area with no trees to run and hide behind if any of the adults decided we were a threat and charged. However, they just stared intently at us as we slowly creeped past them. I did not have my camera with me this time, but I have posted my pictures from last weekend on Flickr and would love for you to check them out.

I have about 4 days left of work and then just enough time to finish getting ready for the big trip (22 days). I feel so very unprepared. I need some more trekking clothes, and a mosquito net and... oh, just so much to do I cannot keep it all straight. Good thing I have started a list.

ciao for now

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Very nice pictures :) Pretty. I'm jealous. :) Can't wait to see the ones from Africa! You'll have to bring the enormous photoalbums to school for show and tell!

JB said...

Great photos—I love the bison. They remind me of trekking through Catalina Island where they have about 150 buffalo. It wasn’t until I came face to face with a small herd that I realized how truly large and scraggly and wild looking they are. What impressive beasts!

Also, your butterfly pictures are lovely. If you want to know what kind of butterfly that is you should consider asking the blogsphere butterfly expert, Lepidoptera Lady. There’s a link to her blog on my blog.