Sunday, July 31, 2005

Tired

I did not know there was sooooo much material on film preservation out there. It is all so very interesting and I want to learn more, but I have to stop and read it all and write the paper. The good news is I have finally written the outline, the bad news is I still have a LOT of reading to do yet.

One of the very interesting things I have discovered in my research is that UCLA offers a masters degree in the Moving Image Archive Studies Program, and I would really like to learn more about it. But ... I am tired of school at the moment and who has the money to go study in another country? But I am intrigued by the program!

Okay... running back to my paper now. I hate to look at it this way but, 230 words written, only 2 - 3000 more to go :-(

Take it easy out there...just so you know I am sitting inside on one of the nicest days we have had thus far!

5 comments:

afp763389 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
librarychik said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stacey said...

How come you got a smilie afp comment and I got a frownie? Now I'm jealous.

JB said...

If you do decide to study at UCLA, I would love to meet up with you and take you to the Getty and other neat spots.

That would be so fun!

Good luck on your paper (thesis?), though.

librarychik said...

Hi JB,

I would love to go to UCLA and get the moving image masters degree, but it is not too likely.

This master's program is course based, so no thesis. I am just finishing off my last course, which is a condensed six week course and I am working too, so just a tad overwhelmed. But it will all be over in less than two weeks.

And in just over a month I will be on my way to Africa!

Yahooooo!