Friday, July 15, 2005

It is really making me mad!

I have been suffering from neck pain all week. About three years ago I was side swiped in a car accident and suffer from a 'mild' form of whiplash. Most of the time it doesn't bother me. I have occasional stiffness and soreness in the neck, but other than that I am fine. When I feel more than that I usually go visit the magically gifted hands of a very special chiropractor who has thumbs from hell, but nonetheless always improves my condition. However, this week I have seen her twice and am still hurting. I have booked a massage for Monday, but not sure what to do until then.

Now I am not whinging because of the pain, it is not as severe as it was the day it started. (On Sunday it was so bad, I lay down on the floor of my bedroom to try to get some relief and then could not get up again...yeah I know, I need a button "Help I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up") What is making me mad is that this 'condition' is fucking with my ability to do any physical activity. I can't ride my bike because I can't look over my shoulder, I can't work out in the gym and lift weights, I have been doing a little bit of hiking but have to be careful that I don't turn my head too fast! How in the hell am I supposed to train for Kili if I can't DO ANYTHING!!! ARGH!

Oh, man... sorry for shouting but Damn! Okay now that is off my chest I will stop harping about it.

I heard from 01 that tomorrow was going to be the new launch date for the latest NASA shuttle mission, but according to their website they are taking things on a day to day basis and once they have the problem fixed the launch will four days from that.

On a similar note, check out the sky tonight :



After passing Mercury and Saturn a month ago, brilliant Venus has a conjunction with fainter Regulus late this week. Bring binoculars.
Sky & Telescope diagram.

2 comments:

JB said...

When I was eight I fell off a horse while racing a friend and badly injured my neck. I “feel your pain,” as Bill Clinton says. I don’t know what it’s like to go through life free of neck pain,but it must be nice.

I hope you feel better soon.

As for the launch, I just hope it happens before their current window ends, which, I think, is July 31st. I wonder what’s delaying the launch?

Venus is absolutely breathtaking right now!

librarychik said...

Alas, it has turned cloudy and rainy here, so not much night viewing right now.
Glad someone is enjoying it though :-)

I'm not sure about the launch, I understand the need for caution in the name of safety, but us avid spacers are getting impatient (aren't we?),