Friday, July 15, 2005

It is really making me mad!

I have been suffering from neck pain all week. About three years ago I was side swiped in a car accident and suffer from a 'mild' form of whiplash. Most of the time it doesn't bother me. I have occasional stiffness and soreness in the neck, but other than that I am fine. When I feel more than that I usually go visit the magically gifted hands of a very special chiropractor who has thumbs from hell, but nonetheless always improves my condition. However, this week I have seen her twice and am still hurting. I have booked a massage for Monday, but not sure what to do until then.

Now I am not whinging because of the pain, it is not as severe as it was the day it started. (On Sunday it was so bad, I lay down on the floor of my bedroom to try to get some relief and then could not get up again...yeah I know, I need a button "Help I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up") What is making me mad is that this 'condition' is fucking with my ability to do any physical activity. I can't ride my bike because I can't look over my shoulder, I can't work out in the gym and lift weights, I have been doing a little bit of hiking but have to be careful that I don't turn my head too fast! How in the hell am I supposed to train for Kili if I can't DO ANYTHING!!! ARGH!

Oh, man... sorry for shouting but Damn! Okay now that is off my chest I will stop harping about it.

I heard from 01 that tomorrow was going to be the new launch date for the latest NASA shuttle mission, but according to their website they are taking things on a day to day basis and once they have the problem fixed the launch will four days from that.

On a similar note, check out the sky tonight :



After passing Mercury and Saturn a month ago, brilliant Venus has a conjunction with fainter Regulus late this week. Bring binoculars.
Sky & Telescope diagram.

1 comment:

librarychik said...

Alas, it has turned cloudy and rainy here, so not much night viewing right now.
Glad someone is enjoying it though :-)

I'm not sure about the launch, I understand the need for caution in the name of safety, but us avid spacers are getting impatient (aren't we?),