Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Posting to your blog...

and how often "should" you do it?

I read a thought provoking article here regarding this topic. The article mentions.... writer burnout, and I wonder if that is what I am experiencing. Howevever, that is not it at all, of this I am sure. I am just stinking busy, working two jobs for the next two weeks and becoming just plain old burned out.

That is not to say that I do not understand what the author means by the "constant drive for high quality and relevant content", I feel the pressure... I call it blogformance pressure. The article also mentions reader burnout and reader participation. I get that too, as I have my favourite blogs that I check out regularly (and sometimes I just skim) and as a blogger there is nothing quite as affirming as when someone leaves a comment on one of your postings. The comment does not necessarily have to be positive or in agreement with your opinions. There is nothing wrong when you are driven to think and question. I call it growth.

What do you think about this? The article says a lot more, but rather than regurgitate here... go read it for yourself!

ciao for now, have to go make lunch (and supper) for tomorrow...

No comments: